So, I was busy while my mom was here - she wanted to do some crafting projects. So, I hauled out what I had to alter to decorate Kayleighs bedroom.
There were 2 projects I had - letters for her name, and a paper lantern light cover for the bare bulb hanging from the ceiling.
This paper lantern globe I picked up at Ikea. For the past year, Kayleigh has had a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling. So, I thought "its about time I fixed that - wonder what I can do for cheap" as we are renting. During a trip to Ikea to get a toy box for Kayleigh, I saw these, and had a light bulb moment (ha ha ha, could not resist!)
Sponged with some blue ink, then stamped the flower butterfly in rose red onto some pretty in pink CS and punched out with butterfly punch. Curled the wings with a pencil, and adhered to the sponged globe with some glue dots. Glued 2 back to back with some pink taffeta ribbon in the middle to have hanging from the bottom.
Now, Kayleigh just loves this - every time we go into her room, she looks up with a huge smile at her light cover, reaches for the dangling butterfly, and says "pretty". (her Grandma taught her that). Just warms the heart!
The next project we did was the letters for her name. I decided to do her name on the wall for one main reason - so she learns what it looks like. This was prompted by a comment that the doctor made last year when I took her for her 6 week checkup "she is going to hate you when it comes time to learn how to spell her name." I just had to laugh because several family members made the same comment.
Still, I love the spelling, so thought I would give her a head start with her name on the wall above her crib.
Very simple to do, but I do recommend you get some latex gloves to protect you fingers. Using the re-inkers and a sponge, just wipe the colours straight onto the letters. Stampin'Up classic inks dries very fast, so there is no waiting for things to set before you can move onto the next stage. I used some bright colourful prima flowers from my stash, and added some flat back pearls from the SU pretties kit. Adhered to the letters with a glue gun. The letters are mounted on the wall with 3M command adhesive as we are renting.
Now, I left these letters mat, but did find that some ink came off onto my fingers as I was adhering them to the wall, so I might take them down and paint with a coat of crystal effects. This will add some shine, and protect my fingers next time I have to handle them.